Skip to Content
chevron-left chevron-right chevron-up chevron-right chevron-left arrow-back star phone quote checkbox-checked search wrench info shield play connection mobile coin-dollar spoon-knife ticket pushpin location gift fire feed bubbles home heart calendar price-tag credit-card clock envelop facebook instagram twitter youtube pinterest yelp google reddit linkedin envelope bbb pinterest homeadvisor angies

Undocumented Workers and Workers’ Comp for Injuries

When undocumented workers are hurt on the job, they are often too afraid to report their injuries. It is important to understand that you do not have to be a legal immigrant to get benefits. You can claim workers’ compensation benefits and lost wages, even if you were paid in cash or did not file taxes.

We know that you may be worried about being reported to U.S. immigration. However, it is wrong for an employer to threaten you with your immigration status. We can refer you to an immigration lawyer to help you with your status if you have questions.

injured construction worker

Hablamos Español · Falamos Portugues

All workers in Rhode Island have the right to file for workers’ compensation when they are injured on the job. Your workers’ comp claim cannot be turned down just because you are an illegal alien. We can help workers who have been hurt doing jobs such as:

  • Construction
  • Warehouse and Factory Work
  • Landscaping
  • Painting
  • Roofing
  • General Labor
  • Cooking and Restaurant Work
  • And More…

We will help you with the forms and paperwork. We can also help you find a doctor.

Contact an Immigrant Worker Injury Attorney

With our help, you can get the money and benefits you need for medical bills and to support your family after you are injured. Please call our Providence office at 401-453-1355 to schedule an appointment.

Fighting for Our Client’s Rights Since 1990